FOR SALE. Prices are exclusive of shipping (you may pick up for free in Dallas area) and 3% payment processing fee that I have to pay. So the price marked is what I am going to net.
Here are the sections on this page. You can click on them to jump to the section you want, or just scroll down the whole page to find all the cool items:
- Furnishings, Tools, Electronics, Clothes & Household Items
- Film & Hollywood Memorabilia (some autographs)
- Sports Collectibles (mostly autographs)
- Records, Compact Discs & DVD’s
- Toys & Books (some autographed)
SECTION 1 – FURNISHINGS, TOOLS, ELECTRONICS & HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
Audio/Video Cabinet & TV stand. Available separately. These 3 cabinets are stacked for storage in the photos, but they would more likely be used in a line or even in different parts of your home. They could certainly be used for other things. The bottom cabinet is 48″ wide and approximately 24″ high and 26″ deep. This was used as a wide-screen TV stand. It has two drawers (shown in the 3rd photo) and adjustable shelves. The other two cabinets are approximately 24 x 24 x 26″ and have several adjustable shelves. Please excuse that the photos were taken before they were dusted. They have not been used in some time. They are in excellent condition. $100 for the big cabinet, $45 for each of the smaller cabinets, or $175 for all three. Pick up in the Dallas, TX area.
Vintage (circa 1940’s) Ares Viscount film camera. My dad got this about 1946, maybe while stationed in China. This was our family camera for vacations and events through the 1980’s. Dad always shot slide film, and the images were better than any of the digital cameras I’ve owned, including a Nikon. I have the other half of the leather case, it’s just not in the picture above. $25.
Sony Mavica MVC-CD500 that writes to 3″ discs, with a box full of unused discs. Would cost you several hundred NOS today. $25.
Chivas and Schlitz. The Chivas Regal gift set with glasses is old, but I don’t know how old. Unopened bottle. A similar set today would be about forty bucks. $35. PULL TAB Schlitz, five unopened cans still in the six-pack ring. Definitely dates to 1960’s or 1970’s. $10.
- Elgin Futura circa 1957 “mystery dial” 7620 #T649511, 2.3 jewel 730. My dad wore this for many years. $200 (eBay $250-300).
- Hamilton 9254 $50 (eBay $75-100)
- fake R*lex. I think my dad purchased this on the street in China in the 1980’s. $25
- Speidel band in original package. Free with Elgin or Hamliton purchase.
New in box portable basketball system. Box has some wear, but never opened. $50 (pick up only).
Tent. It’s been in the box a long time. $2
Display mannequins. One has some water stain, but once something is on it you can’t tell. I used to put old T-shirts on the mannequins before displaying Stevie Ray Vaughan’s stage wardrobe on them. $125 each.
1950’s Sunbeam Mixmaster. Looks great in the kitchen. My mom made a lot of great cakes and brownies with this. $35.
Vintage Columba record player for 33.3, 78 and 45 rpm records. No idea if it would work, but it will need a new plug and wire. This was in a console in my parents house since the 1950’s. We grew up playing records on this. $50.
P.A. System, includes head, two speakers with quality speaker stands in bags, heavy duty cables. I’ll throw in the small mixer shown next to the head. The guitar amp is NOT included. $100. Heavy duy music stand $30.
NEW YORK YANKEES shirts:
- T-shirt, blue with embroidered “Yankees, logo, New York. Believed to be 2XL. $15
- Blue practice shirt (lightweight poly) with embroidered logo, MLB Authentics, 2XL. $15
- Blue with white side inserts, large sewn logo, MLB Authentics, believed to be 2XL. $25
- White pinstripe shirt with printed logo, MLB Authentics, 2XL. $20
- White jersey with blue sleeves, Starter, heavy weight material with sewn “Yankees” $30
- Blue polo with embroidered logo, Cutter & Buck, 3XL. $15
Military style heavy, coat with lining. Spot on one pocket may clean off. Size M. $20
Overcoat with warm lining and belt. Good quality, like new. Size 40. $30
Black/Gray denim jacket, lable Expressions, size M. $20
Denim henley shirt. Size XL. $10
Very nice sweater from Wimbledon Tennis in UK. Size L. $10
University of Texas polo shirt, Size 3XL, some knapping as shown. $10
Lions Club and Shriners pins. Lions: Texas delegate 1956, Helen Keller home “October Growth Award,” membership pins with 3 chevrons. Shriners: “Circus Daddy,” 1988 Texas, Grand High Priest badge. $5 the lot.
Texas Instruments Datamath TI-2500-II calculator. It works (on/off switch has to be in just the right spot). This seems to be an odd or rare version because every reference I found online says two AA batteries, but this one takes four. Believed to be 1974. Original cost $50! Now $15 (non-working parts calculators are $20 on eBay)
Socket wrench sets: 52-piece is old but never used, still has the plastic cover over the tools inside the METAL box, and the retail cardboard sleeve. It was originally $99.99. My price $50.
CUSTOM PICTURE FRAMING EQUIPMENT:
The above three photos show the major pieces of a much larger collection of all the tools and supplies you need to create custom picture frames. The wall cutter cuts mats, glass, plexiglas to size. It is a C+H Advantage G60 which you can get more information on elsewhere. The middle photo is a moulding chopper for wood frames. The last photo shows a mat cutter and a shrink-wrap machine. I also have several corner vices, metal rulers, centering rule, all types of hangers for the backs, wood filler in many colors, double-sided tape and dispenser, points and point gun, 36″ paper and dispenser for dust paper on backs, on and on. I’ll even include the custom work table. All the equipment you need to build a frame or even open a business. Depending on how much I use it before it is sold, there is a supply of wood moulding, mats in various colors, glass including some UV glass. I started framing years ago because the “pros” were destroying the value of my collectibles. I have made literally thousands of frames with this equipment. I bought it from the gallery I used to work for when they closed their frame shop. Pick up only near Dallas. Take it all for $1,000. Even used, this equipment would set you back at least double that.
SECTION 2 – FILM & HOLLYWOOD COLLECTIBLES
AUDREY HEPBURN’S OWNED AND WORN EARRINGS – click here for details
Purchased directly from her family’s estate sale. Click link above for details.
JULIA ROBERTS signed Broadway Playbill. Complete original Playbill from Three Days of Rain, starring Julia Roberts on Broadway in New York in 2006. I took the photo of her signing autographs outside the theater after the show, so you are not going to see that photo anywhere else. After two shows that week I was able to get three autographs, and two are available here (I’m keeping the other one). First buyer can pick which one you want. With Ms. Roberts acting and performing less and less, there are very few opportunities now to get her autograph. $125 each or both for $200. I also have one unsigned Playbill for $5.
1961 Walt Disney’s 101 Dalmatians, original movie window card, 36 x 13.5. Framed as shown $150. Unframed $100.
SEE other Disney items in the Toys section.
Clint Eastwood, Joe Kidd, original 1972 window card, approximately 36 x 14. Tack holes in corners, but otherwise very nice condition. $50
Marilyn Monroe, James Dean and Elvis Presley collectible stamps. Two sheets of Marilyn (one still sealed), one of James Dean (sealed), three sheets of Elvis “Forever” less 3 stamps, four unopened booklets of Rock & Roll Rhythm & Blues (Elvis, Buddy Holly, Otis Redding, Dinah Washington, Bill Haley, Ritchie Valens, Clyde McPhatter). $67 cash value of stamps you can either use or save. $70.
SECTION 3 – SPORTS COLLECTIBLES
Signed baseball #3. Nolan Ryan signed “”To Steve, Best Wishes, Nolan Ryan.”” Steve was my brother. Our mother knew Nolan’s sister from church, and she got baseballs signed for both of us for xmas in 1988. $250
Signed matchbook: Mickey Mantle, signed, “”To Fran, Best Wishes, Mickey Mantle”” at a Brook Hollow Golf Club, Dallas, event on January 1, 1963 (or possibly December 31, 1962) just after winning the 1962 World Series. Signed on a Brook Hollow Golf Club matchbook. Fran is a neighbor of mine, now in her 80’s. I originally bought this from her as a gift to my brother. $200.
SEE also the Yankees clothing, jeresys and jackets in the Household & Clothes section.
Signed football and handbill: Hall of Famers Earl Campbell, Ken Stabler and Dave Casper signed football in original box, and a 8.5 x 11 inch handbill for the in-store appearance, also signed by each. $200 for both.
Mickey Mantle Rawlings glove in original box! This is apparently an extremely rare Mantle Trap-eze TJ 30 model. Several glove collectors and dealers have told me they have never seen one before. You are not likely to find one in better condition. This was my father’s glove. The leather is still soft and luxurious. He only used it to play catch with us in the yard. He never let us use this glove (see the our glove below). One-owner, adult-owned and very well taken care of. I haven’t seen another one offered at all, much less with the original box. $2500 or prove to me it’s worth less.
Here’s our Mickey Mantle glove! My brother and I both used this glove. It is well-used, but maybe someone wants it because it’s a Mantle glove. $25.
Plain ol’ baseball glove in excellent condition. My guess is it dates to the 1970’s. $20. Play ball!
1990’s Cereal boxes (empty) featuring the Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys (three different); Michael Jordan; and Nolan Ryan. All five for $30.
Baseball Hall of Fame busts: Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio and Lou Gehrig, still in original boxes. Dusty but well taken care of by my brother since 1963. $125 each or all three for $325.
New York Yankees Lou Gehrig nodder, 1989. Unfortunately, a chip out of one side, but still nods like crazy. $5
1988 Winter Olympics (Calgary) limited edition poster by renowned sports artist Bart Forbes, and personally signed by Forbes in 1988 when I visited his studio in Dallas. He said this artwork was made for ABC TV to use as a backdrop in the studio. It was not available for purchase at the Olympics. Approximately 38 x 24 unframed. There is an unsigned one on eBay for $125. My price for this signed print $100.
Game program signed inside by Kurt Rambis of the Los Angeles Lakers. I got this autograph personally. $5
Book, “The Dream Season” by Fran Harris, signed. Harris was a player for The University of Texas at Austin from 1982 to 1986. She led her team to its first and only NCAA Championship title, to date in 1986 with the first perfect season in women’s NCAA history. The team went 34-0. Harris was the leading scorer three years in a row and was the team captain in 1986. She was named to the Southwest Conference All-Decade Team, SWC Player of the Year and was two-time team MVP, selected by teammates. $10
Signed card: Ruben Sierra, Texas Rangers Alumni Alley card, signed September 2017 at The Ballpark in Arlington during Yankees series. $10
Autographed baseball card Steve Garvey. $5
New York Yankees program 1962. One has three ticket stubs taped on the scorecard, the other one has two ticket stubs. Mantle and Maris played. $35 each.
New York Yankees program 1969. Thurman Munson, Harmon Killebrew, Rod Carew. $25.
- Dallas Cowboys v Philadelphia Eagles game program October 19, 1970. Bob Hayes, Calvin Hill, Walt Garrison, Lance Rentzel, Boby Lilly, Lee Roy Jordan, Mel Renfro. Center spread loose from staples but otherwise very nice. $20
- Dallas Cowboys v New York Giants game program, September 27, 1970. Roger Staubach, Calvin Hill, Walt Garrison, Rayfield Wright, Lilly, Joran, Harris, Pugh, Renfro, Fran Tarkenton. Near mint. $20
- Dallas Cowboys v Philadelphia Eagles game program, November 1, 1970. MARVEL COMICS COVER. Craig Morton, Staubach, Rentzel, Duane Thomas, Bob Hayes. Excellent condition $50.
Track and Field Will Rogers Indoor Games program, February 12, 1965. Autographed by Randy Matson, Olympic Gold and Silver medalist, broke shot put world record four times. $25.
Nolan Ryan baseball cards (5), plus Roger Clemens and Dwight Gooden. All seven cards $15
Dallas Cowboys Sports Illustrated magazines from the 1990’s as shown. $10 for both.
DALLAS MAVERICKS — Items from when I was a season ticket holder:
- Dallas Mavericks Media Guides – every stat and record you can think of. Nine guides from the 1986-87 season to the 1995-96 season. $45 for all nine.
- Dallas Mavericks Press oversized magazines, from the Inaugural Issue through about 1990. I think it’s a complete run of 36 issues, all in excellent condition. $150 the set. One extra Inaugural Issue $25.
- Dallas Mavericks Press and misc other season ticket holder items: three calendars from the 1980’s, one merch catalog, four Maverick Press issues, one game program for Mavs v Celtics 1987, Jamal Mashburn flyer, Petersen’s 1988-89 magazine with Roy Tarpley on cover. $25 for all eleven items.
Michael Jordan newpaper section in Dallas Morning News regarding his retirement. $5
NBA Basketball magazines, lots of Los Angeles Lakers content. Six NBA Hoop official programs from games I attended in the 1980’s; six Sports Illustrated magazines plus three other magazines with Magic Johnson, Jabbar, Dr. J, James Worthy covers. $30 for all 15 magazines.
Nolan Ryan Hall of Fame Induction special supplement to the Dallas Morning News, 1999. $5
Dallas Stars 1999 Stanley Cup special section and front page of Dallas Morning news. $5
Olympics: two Nadia Comaneci magazines, and Seoul ’88 Sports Illustrated preview issue. $5 for all three.
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue 25th Anniversary issue, plus Cal Ripken and one other issue. $15 for all three.
Wimbledon Tennis program, July 5, 1991. Semi-final mens: Boris Becker, Wheaton, Stich, Stefan Edberg. Finals women (the next day): Gabriella Sabatini, Steffi Graf. $20.
SECTION 4 – RECORDS, COMPACT DISCS & DVD’S
CD BOX SETS: All in like-new condition:
- Woodstock – “Three days of peace and music” 4 discs $30
- Stevie Ray Vaughan “SRV” 4 discs, $30
- Bruce Springsteen “Tracks” 4 discs. $35
- Washington Square Memoirs “The Great Urban Folk Dream 1950-1970”, STILL SEALED $5
- Buffalo Springfield 4 discs $30
- The Byrds, 4 discs $30
- Emmylou Harris, “Portraits” 3 discs $30
- Bessie Smith, “The Complete Recordings Vol 1” 2 discs $10
- Tina Turner, “The Collected Recordings 60’s to 90’s” 3 discs, $20
- Robert Johnson, “The Complete Recordings” 2 discs $10
DVD’s and BLU-RAYs. All in excellent condition, many still sealed:
- The Godfather and The Godfather II, Coppola Restoration Saphire Series. both for $10
- Masters of Sex, The Complete Series, 8 discs $25 still sealed
- Thunderball, James Bond $5
- Dr. No, James Bond $5
- Last Tango in Paris, Brando $8 still sealed
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High, classic $5 still sealed
- The Wrestler, Mickey Rourke, $5
- Airplane, classic $5
- Barb-Wire, Pamela Anderson $4
- Fire on the Amazon, Sandra Bullock $4
- Magic Mike, Channing Tatum $4
- The Producers, Gene Wilder & Zero Mostel $5 2 discs still sealed.
- A Streetcar Named Desire, Brando $5 still sealed
- All About Eve, Bette Davis, Oscar winner $5 played once.
DVD’S. All in excellent condition
- Lord of the Rings collection, all three movies, widescreen $15
- Blues Brothers collectors edition, $4
- Blade Runner, Director’s Cut $4
- The Big Lebowski, Jeff Bridges $4
- The Professional, Natalie Portman debut $4
- Monty Python’s Life of Brian $5
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail $5
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show $4
- Some Like It Hot, Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon $4
- Thunderball, James Bond $4
- Goldfinger, James Bond $4
- Bond Girls Forever, $4
- Young Frankenstein, Gene Wilder $4 (two copies)
- “10” Bo Derek, Dudley Moore $4
- Swordfish, John Travolta $4
- Casablanca, Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman $4
- The Sting, Paul Newman, Robert Redford $4
- Hot Tub Time Machine Unrated $2
- Girls in Prison, Anne Heche, Ione Skye $4
- Meatballs, classic Bill Murray $5
- Divine B.B., Brigitte Bardot, $4 still sealed
- And God Created Woman, Brigitte Bardot, $4 still sealed
- The Magnificent Seven, Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen $4
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High, classic $4
- Forrest Gump, 2-disc collectors edition, Tom Hanks $5
- Desperado, Salma Hayek, Antonio Banderas $4
- Wizard of Oz ltd edition box set SOLD
For the Audrey Hepburn fan. 1994 VHS Boxed Sets Collectors Edition “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” with script, photos and CD. “My Fair Lady” 2-VHS tape set with fashion book. Both for $30.
SECTION 5 – TOYS & BOOKS (some autographed)
Car models I built as a teenager in the 1970’s. Various scales, some very large. Bugatti, Duesenberg, Bentley, Packard, Rolls Royce, Ford, Lincoln, Corvette, Mercer, etc. Silver Mercedes and Matchbox cars not included. No shipping – pick up only in Dallas area. $100 the lot.
DAVE BARRY, humorist. Nine very funny books, each signed by Dave. Hours of great reading to take your mind off other things. $10 each or all nine for $75.
Four photos from World War II, maybe USO Show, unidentified singer or actress. First two are 8×10, other two are 4×6. US Army stamps on back of larger photos. $20 for all four.
Walt Disney comic book for 101 Dalmatians. Condition as shown. $5
Topps Astronaut cards 1963. 24 cards plus a checklist card. Very nice condition. All 25 cards $200.
Walt Disney cards 1991. Nineteen cards in mint condition with one package (open at top). $4 for all nineteen.
SEE other trading cards in the Automotive section (Odd Rods & Way-Out Wheels)
$150 for $5 !! As shown.
1919 Jungle Tales of Tarzan book. Cover is a little loose. As is $10
Set of four Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit, paperbacks printed 1966 to 1974, not great condition. $3 for four books. James Bond 007 paperbacks, set of five books printed 1962-1965. $4 for five books.
BOOKS, more information following the photos:
Thinning the herd in the library. These are all great books in great condition. For now, take a look at the photo and send me a list of what you are interested in and I’ll give you a price. The more you buy, the better the deal. Lots of blues and rock history, biographies, SRV tablature set of books, Hendrix, Clapton, rare SRV books. More books to come, so come back. Eventually I’ll make a list of titles and prices, but that may be a long wait, so get ’em while they’re hot.
SECTION 6 – AUTOMOBILES & AUTOMOBILIA
Might as well have a car in the garage sale! 2006 (first year) Mercedes-Benz CLS 500. $75,000 when new. Runs beautifully. Powerful and quick. Only minor cosmetic issues. 146k miles. One-owner (me), service records are complete. Recent replacement of all 4 struts, which is about the only thing you have to watch out for on these cars. $12,000.
These items were promotional gifts for Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Club VIP ticket holders in 2017. The poster is about 30 x 25 inches and is signed by the artist Barry Rowe. The jewelry box is lined on the inside. These are in the same condition as when I obtained them at the show. I had not taken them out of the tube/box except to take these photos. This may require two packages – one for the poster, and one for the jewelry box. $95, or all three sets 2017, 2018, 2019 for $250.
These items were promotional gifts for Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Club VIP ticket holders in 2018. The poster is about 30 x 25 inches and is signed by the artist Tim Layzell. The jewelry box is lined on the inside. These are in the same condition as when I obtained them at the show. I had not taken them out of the tube/box except to take these photos. This may require two packages – one for the poster, and one for the jewelry box. $95, or all three sets 2017, 2018, 2019 for $250.
These items were promotional gifts for Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Club ticket holders in 2019. The poster is about 30 x 25 inches. The jewelry box is lined on the inside. These are in the same condition as when I obtained them at the show. I had not taken them out of the tube/box except to take these photos. This may require two packages – one for the poster, and one for the jewelry box. $95, or all three sets 2017, 2018, 2019 for $250.
TRW Calendar pages from 1974-1975. Calendar pages are 23 x 18. Beautiful. All ten $15.
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG model, 1:43 scale. Mint. $20
George Barris Way-Out Wheels double-sized cards 1970. 33 of 36 cards in the set, PLUS 16 duplicates. All 49 oversized cards $100.
SEE other trading cards in the Toys section.
Classic, supercar and sports car major auction catalogs. Gooding & Co., RM-Sotheby’s, Bonham’s and a few other auction house catalogs. Approximately 75 high-quality catalogs in near mint condition, some still sealed in shrink-wrap. These catalogs are printed on heavy, premium paper and are akin to museum books with professional photos and expert write-ups about each car. A veritable history of the automobile. Lots of coachbuilt classics, antiques, Ferraris and more. Pick up near Dallas, or I can box them up and send via Media Mail to make it more affordable to ship. $300 takes them all.